By William Bengston, PhD, with Sylvia Fraser
Paperback / BK01588
290 pages / 5.25″ x 8”
Health / Mind-Body
Rights: U.S., Canada
Synopsis: Can hands-on healing can cure cancer? Skeptics say no. One man’s research — in 10 controlled, university experiments with cancer-injected mice — shows that it does. This is a self-proclaimed skeptical scientist’s story.
Scroll down for facts & research history.
Request your review copy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Download The Energy Cure press kit (PDF)
- Download The Energy Cure’s Introduction chapter (PDF)
- Author website: www.bengstonresearch.com
- Download author photo
- Download book cover image
- Download audio cover image
- The Energy Cure product page at SoundsTrue.com
- Podcast (audio and transcript) with Tami Simon & Bill Bengston talking about his lab research into curing cancer through hands-on healing & energy medicine http://bit.ly/9OwuD2
- Dr. Mehmet Oz radio show, November 4, 2008, Energy Healing. Dr. Bengston debunks some of the myths behind holistic medicine and shares the results from his recent experiments that he says proves the power of therapeutic touch.
- Shortlink to this page: http://wp.me/P64an-Bh
Hands-On Healing: A Training Course in the Energy Cure
William Bengston, PhD
AF01591W / UPC: 600835-159173 / US $48.97
Bill Bengston tells us how he began a lifelong exploration of the validity of hands-on healing—and his plans to remain a skeptic despite finding astonishing results through three decades of clinical studies.
- Over the past 35 years, Bengston has successfully treated many types of cancer—bone, pancreatic, breast, brain, rectal, lymphatic, stomach, leukemia—as well as other diseases, all using a hands-on technique that is painless, noninvasive, and has no unpleasant side effects.
- To Bengston’s knowledge, no person he has healed ever experienced a recurrence.
- The effectiveness of Bengston’s hands-on treatment has now been proven in 10 controlled animal-experiments, conducted in 5 university medical and biological laboratories by trained, skeptical researchers.
- Bengston’s treatment is not faith based. Neither patient nor practitioner is expected to believe in anything, including the process itself, for it to be effective.
- Bengston does not consider hands-on healing to be a replacement for traditional Western medicine.
- Bengston is a sociology professor at St. Joseph’s College in New York.
- Bengston did not begin by testing mice in a lab, producing a theory that now awaits human application. He went into the lab to verify and gain insight into a procedure that he had already successfully used to cure many people of a variety of medical problems, especially cancer.
Summary of Bengston’s Research History
- Bengston’s first experiment was conducted with mice in 1975 in the biology department at Queens College of the City University of New York.
- Mice bred for research were injected with a particularly lethal strain of mammary cancer that had always resulted in 100 percent fatality within 14 to 27 days. Through hands-on healing, 100 percent of the mice survived the disease to become cancer free and to live a normal two-year life span!
- This experiment was replicated once more at Queens College with the same 100 percent success. Eight other replications, with minor variations, at four other biological and medical laboratories produced comparable results.
- Just as amazing, mice that were re-injected with cancer cells did not get cancer, suggesting they had developed an immunity.
- Recently, Bengston has been undergoing functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRIs, which are multilevel scans more detailed than CAT scans) and electroencephalographs (EEGs, which measure the brain’s electrical activity) while in healing mode.
- Bengston’s published articles: www.bengstonresearch.com/scientific-articles/
- Most recently: “Breakthrough: Clues to Healing with Intention.” Edge Science, no.2, January/March 2010, p.5-9. www.scientificexploration.org/edgescience/
What People Are Saying
“In both my professional and personal lives, I have witnessed what Dr. William Bengston shares about energy medicine, and so I can accept and believe what he presents in The Energy Cure. Human beings have enormous healing potential built into them, and they, like all forms of life, can survive a great variety of illnesses—without traditional medical intervention. ”
—Bernie Siegel, MD author of Faith, Hope & Healing and Help Me to Heal
“Very infrequently, a scientist comes along whose work leads to a quantum change in the quality and significance of research in some field. Such a scientist is William Bengston, who is responsible for such a change in the recondite field of anomalous healing. His results are so extraordinary as to eclipse all previous work in that field. Bengston would be a prime candidate for a Nobel Prize in Alternative Medicine, if such an award existed.”
—Peter Sturrock, emeritus professor of applied physics at Stanford University
“Great advances in science and medicine often occur at the edge of knowledge, where things don’t fit in. Often the misfits are dismissed by conventional thinkers without a hearing. Where William Bengston’s work is concerned, this would be a profound mistake, because many precise scientific studies now confirm that healers and healing are real. Somewhere along the line, physicians forgot how to heal, and ‘healing’ became an embarrassment. Bengston is a harbinger of a marvelous trend: the return of healing to medicine.”
—Larry Dossey, MD, author of Healing Words
“I believe that energy healing’s time will come in the next ten years and that William Bengston’s work will be seen as a milestone in that process. We’re already experiencing a meltdown of faith in materialistic systems, and that includes the grip of the profit-driven pharmaceutical industry on medical practice.”
—Dr. Edward Mann, Canadian sociologist and energy healing historian
“Bill Bengston is a criminologist, sociologist, statistician, college professor, cancer researcher, energy healer. An expert in all these fields! I have been in Bill’s orbit observing him engage others in rich dialogue. The consistent effect of his thesis of life challenges even brilliant minds to rethink their foundational assumptions. Bill’s mesmerizing memoir reads like a novel.”
—Francesca McCartney, doctor of energy medicine, founder and president of Energy Medicine University, author of Body of Health:The New Science of Intuition Medicine®
“Professor William Bengston is shaking the foundations of medical research. What is at stake is the entire clinical trial process. In carefully carried-out experiments Professor Bengston showed dramatic healing of cancer tumors in mice using energy medicine. By tracing the path of healing intention, he has found that it follows surprising turns and is not easy to control. The simple model of a controlled study does not work in medicine. Bengston’s story is one of breakthrough discoveries and a fascinating tale that is not yet complete.”
—Garret Moddel, professor of electrical engineering, Department of Electrical, Computer, and Energy Engineering, University of Colorado.
“Bill Bengston has all the creds and talent to make it big-time in mainstream academia, but he also has the guts to stick to what he sees and knows, and tell us about it, even if it is way out of the box. Here we have his very exciting adventures in healing, with decidedly anomalous results. It is to Bill’s great credit that he tells it like it is, and sustains the contact with this mind-bending material so that it is neither distorted, ignored, or blown out of proportion. Really excellent work!”
—Richard A. Blasband, MD, formerly faculty member of Yale Medical School
“Bengston’s research on the healing of cancer in mice is an eye-opener, both for its direct implications and for what it says about the difficulty of gaining acceptance for unconventional results, no matter how well documented. His methodology is clear, his results are unambiguous, and several experiments strongly suggest that his healing technique is teachable. Whether you’re a healer, a doctor, a biologist, or simply an interested citizen, you owe it to yourself to find out what Bill has been learning over the last two decades.”
—York Dobyns, physicist, Princeton University
Speaking Engagements in 2011
March 4-6, 2011
Chicago, Il., USA Equilibrium Energy & Education
Bengston Energy Healing Method®
For information: www.equilibrium-e3.com
June 6, 2011
Reston, Virginia, USA The Association for Comprehensive Energy Psychology
Annual Conference, 2011
“Using scientific methods to study energy healing”
For information: www.energypsych.org
August 25-28, 2011
San Antonio, Texas, USA 2011 Healing Touch Worldwide Conference
Keynote address (address title to be determined)
For information: http://www.healingtouchprogram.com/conference/2011/
Toronto, Ontario, Canada 2011 Canadian Association for Integrative and Energy Therapies Conference
Keynote address (address title to be determined)
For information: http://www.caiet.org/