The Intimate Life
Awakening to the Spiritual Essence in Yourself and Others
by Dr. Judith Blackstone
An innovative teacher in contemporary spirituality and psychotherapy, Judith Blackstone, PhD, helps partners and singles relate “core to core” with compassion, insight, and spiritual connection.
Shortlink to this presskit page: http://wp.me/P64an-Lh
November 1, 2011
Paperback / BK02118
US $ 16.95
eBook ISBN: 978-1-60407-647-9
- Judith Blackstone’s website for her Realization Process healing practice
- Judith Blackstone’s online blog
- Dr. Judith Blackstone on Facebook
- The Esalen Institute in California, where Dr. Blackstone teaches
About the Book
This is a book about making contact—with yourself, your partner, and everything around you—at the deepest level possible. The basis for this connection is what Dr. Judith Blackstone calls fundamental consciousness—what we all are in our essence. In The Intimate Life, this innovative teacher and psychotherapist shares 17 relational practices from her unique approach to embodied spiritual awakening known as the Realization Process.
Offered to help us relate “core to core” with compassion, understanding, and joy, The Intimate Life explores:
- Attuning to Unifed Consciousness—how to let go of our conditioned perceptions and behaviors to foster spiritual maturation
- Overcoming boundary problems—how to embrace the paradox of oneness and separateness
- Awareness, emotion, and physical contact—the three main pathways of interpersonal connection
- The spiritual essence of sexuality—spiritual exercises that apply unified consciousness to sexuality and enhance pleasure, liberate the body’s subtle energy, and more
For coupled partners and singles on a spiritual path, The Intimate Life is offered to help us live in genuine contact and ever-deepening connection.
About the Author
Judith Blackstone, PhD is a licensed clinical psychotherapist in New York and an innovative teacher in contemporary spirituality for more than 30 years. She has studied with many teachers in both the Hindu (Advaita Vedanta, Bhakti and Kashmir Shaivism), Zen Buddhist, and Tibetan Buddhist traditions. She has received numerous teachings, over the past three decades, in the Mahamudra and Dzog-chen traditions of Tibetan Buddhism. Blackstone developed Realization Process, a method of realizing fundamental (non-dual) consciousness, and applying it to psychological and physical healing, and has taught it for twenty-five years throughout the United States and at Esalen Institute in California since 1987.